Re: [plug-misc] Looking for SRE/DevOps/sysadmin

Author: eric pareja
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Catch-All Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug-misc] Looking for SRE/DevOps/sysadmin
Chalk it up to scratching your head since [1] is missing in the body. But
then the entertainment value of the footnote probably makes up for the
missing back-link.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 8:44 AM Anuerin Diaz <ramfree17@???> wrote:

> where exactly did the [1] footnote come into play in that email?
>
> yes, i had a few minutes to spare. i want my 3 minutes back that was
> spent on searching for that marker. /lol
>
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 1:11 PM <propolice@???> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Did you have lunch already?
>> Whew. The PLUG lists are still up, posting here instead. A local
>> JavaScript Slack group almost forced my hand.
>>
>> A Quezon City based company is urgently looking for a senior
>> sysadmin-type person. You may consider yourself an SRE or DevOps
>> engineer, whatever's en vogue right now.
>>
>> You NEED to know:
>> + Linux
>> + advanced shell scripting
>> + Terraform
>> + AWS
>> + Git
>> + how to exit vi without rebooting your computer
>> + to expect Lovecraftian horrors instead of Neal Stephenson-esque work
>> from your colleagues
>>
>> Other buzzwords you may need to be familiar with: CI/CD, gitops,
>> containers, IaC, configuration management, documentation(?).
>>
>> College degree, dead-tree certificates or a PhD in Kubernetes
>> absolutely NOT required. The HR copy may have mentioned these but I
>> once considered them APT. Full-time employment. WFH mostly but work is
>> 48 hours a week.
>>
>> Send your CV/resume to my gmail address you see here. A secure sharing
>> channel also works. Plaintext preferred, PDF is fine but needs to
>> embed malware achieving <10/46 VirusTotal rates. All documents
>> received will be saved to a fully encrypted storage then digitally wet
>> pulped[2] once reviewed.
>>
>> Best regards.
>>
>> [1] No offense, as proof I can provide evidence of owning an actual
>> unread paperback copy of `JavaScript: The Good Parts,
>> [2]
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/shred-invocation.html

> "Programming, an artform that fights back"
>
> Anuerin G. Diaz
> Registered Linux User #246176
> http://ramfree17.net/capsule , when you absolutely have nothing else
> better to do

___ Eric Manuel Pareja (eric.pareja@???)
\e/ PGP/GPG Key 0xB82E42D9
V "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
-Galadriel