Re: [plug] your own root server, anyone?

Author: GMDumlao
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug] your own root server, anyone?
This must be one of the longest running still active (?) threads I've read.

How goes it so far, Obet? Is it still on?

On Thursday, 30 June 2016, Roberto Verzola <rverzola@???> wrote:
> Dear pluggers,
>
> I managed to get in touch with Louis Pouzin, an Internet pioneer who says

anyone can actually create a root server, if there are others who want to
try them out. He and colleagues operate one, called OpenRoot. He also
helped China set up its own.

> I have asked Louis (and his colleagues) to guide me how to do it and he

might be willing to do so. If for some reason anyone wants to set an
alternative root server, if only for the fun of it, anyone here in plug
wants to join me in this learning process? I suppose there are materials on
the Internet we can read to learn this thing ourselves, but having access
to an expert is always useful.

> We can even do it on this list itself, which might make it little bit

more active.