[plug] On upgrading to SAMBA 4

Author: Michael Tinsay
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
Subject: [plug] On upgrading to SAMBA 4
Hello!
One of the things I'm looking to accomplish in the next few weeks is the deployment of SAMBA 4 AD DC to replace our aging SAMBA 3 NT4-style PDC/BDC + OpenLDAP.  For now I've been doing a lot of reading and googling.  I'm now deeply considering a thought: should I migrate the SAMBA 3 DB (users, machines, shares, etc.) via the classicupgrade tool or start things fresh?
For those who have experience SAMBA 4 deployment, I'd appreciate your input on this matter?

--- mike t.