[plug] A job opening for Linux Alsa expert

Author: thad
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
Subject: [plug] A job opening for Linux Alsa expert
Hi PLUG,

Just like to share this job opening which somebody out there maybe
interested. This prove our OS is rock solid to perform multimedia tasking
that 10 year ago its quite a PITA to insert an Alsa module. Now, even Steam
OS is coming out as a gaming platform, Linux is now dominating all devices.

If you are interested please direct your enquiries to recruiter below.

Regards to all,

Thad

09/23/13 4:00 PM

Greetings,

Number of years of experience with Embedded Linux / Systems Engineer skills?
You are interested in Austin, TX?

My name is Patrick and I'm a Sr. Recruiter with Metropolitan Associates,
LLC. Our review of your records show that you are an experienced
professional with experience in Embedded Linux / Systems Engineer. This
experience is relevant to one of my current hot openings.

The opening requires someone with strong talent in addition to the above
skills. It is located in Austin, TX.

Relocation Assistance Available - Yes

We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer with Linux ALSA
kernel device driver experience. In this position you will be responsible
for defining and leading the integration effort for the audio subsystem in
cutting edge consumer electronic products. You will be part of a talented
group of individuals that develop reference designs/demo platform and
assist in taking customer to production worldwide.

The ideal candidate will have the following skills:

•Experience integrating device drivers for Linux/Android operating system.

•Experience with developing Android Apps for embedded processors.

•Prior experience working with SLIMbus will be ideal.

•Clear understanding of Linux kernel functionality and knowledge of the
ALSA subsystems.

•Ability to use standard lab equipment like Scopes and Logic Analyzer

•Software development using SCRUM methodology will be useful.

•Excellent communication and organization skills along with a passion to
work in a fast paced challenging environment.

•Active involvement in the open source community to help define standards
for new technologies

Candidates must possess a BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering. 5
or more years’ experience in architecting, specifying and designing low
power, audio systems for portable electronics such as Smartphones, Tablets,
Portable Audio Players, Personal Media Players, Digital Cameras, Camcorders
of any other consumer products is preferred.

My client offers a very competitive salary and benefits, they are Top
Rated. If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a
change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and
interest, please Contact me ASAP at patrick@???<mailto:
patrick@???>, even if we have spoken recently about a different
position. I have many so please when you do respond via e-mail please
include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering
candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP. Please provide
a MS Word copy of your most recent resume. It is always helpful as well and
will be needed. Note: This is not an automated e-mail, please reply via
email if interested.

Thank you, Sincerely yours,

Patrick Novick
PO Box 161526