Re: [plug] [plug-misc] linux.org.ph: missing in action :P

Author: Zak Elep
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Catch-All Discussion List
CC: Philippine Linux Users' Group \(PLUG\) Technical Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug] [plug-misc] linux.org.ph: missing in action :P
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM, chr1x2 <caforonda@???> wrote:
> Digging into the mailing list, looks like the last work was way back 2008
> http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20080403.032207.3001aa39.en.html
>
> But again there is discussion
> http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20090312.004254.c88e2b59.en.html
>
> I would like to take the initiative to continue in rebuilding the site. I've
> used Joomla instead of Drupal. So I created a quickstart
> http://plug.foronda.org/ (disregard the domain). Not sure though what was
> the logo and look-and-feel of the site back then
> (http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20090313.010850.a9f0a2de.en.html).

Wow, this looks good, nice3 work :) Not too sure if another forum
component on the site would work though (we have the mailing list and
the Facebook group already, so maybe too much,) but it is a start.

> Also is "Development on this website has been postponed pending movement to
> a new host... The VPS which this server is hosted on is currently strained
> to its limits as it is sharing space with some very active websites." still
> true?

Gary Mercado was the last person to take initiative in this, so I
think you can contact him for the details (he's also on Facebook as
well.)

Cheers,

Zakame

--
Zak B. Elep || zakame.net
1486 7957 454D E529 E4F1 F75E 5787 B1FD FA53 851D