[...]

Author: Unknown
Subject: [...]
From bero@??? at
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=01/04/16/1352255&threshold=1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=464 :

journaling file system:
We aren't waiting for ext3 specifically (though we still think it'll be the
first stable jfs), we're waiting for any stable jfs. Unlike what you claim,
our kernel people have found that ReiserFS isn't ready yet, it still caused
heavy filesystem corruption under heavy load tests, and its userland recovery
tools don't do much beyond a journal replay. Try to simulate a media defect
(e.g. dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/hda offset=something count=3) and try to
recover from that. With ext2/ext3, you'll lose some data, but a lot of stuff
will remain intact. With ReiserFS, you can lose much more.

Yes, it's getting better and I have no doubt it'll be ready for prime time some time soon, but it's not there yet.

--

Has anyone experienced this yet? My only use for reiserfs right now is
for a Squid cache, which can be rebuilt in case of trouble.

--

http://www.internet.org.ph        The Philippine Internet Resource
Mobile Voice/Messaging:         +63-917-810-9728