Author: chr1x2 Date: To: linuxjobs Subject: Mid Level System / Network Administrator
*Exist *is a world-class software engineering firm that provides Java, Ruby
on Rails, Open Source, and technology expertise to Fortune 500 companies.
It has clients in the Philippines, Australia, Germany, and North America,
with enterprise vertical expertise in the healthcare, telecommunication,
finance & banking, logistics & transport, software & emerging technology
industries.We also have offices in Los Angeles, California, and Australia.
For additional info, visit www.exist.com.
*Mid Level System Administrator / Network Engineer*
The Systems / Network Administrator is responsible for network design,
configuration, implementation, tuning and troubleshooting. He supports and
administers all servers and network resources, user accounts, as well as
systems administration and networking issues and trends.
- Assembles, configures and installs workstations, servers and other
- Sets-up, expands and maintains the physical infrastructure of the
- Participates in network planning, design and materials acquisition.
- Participates in designs of high-availability and clustering of
Internal and External server.
- Installs , configures and troubleshoots all operating systems and
application software on the servers and workstations. Provides end-user
training whenever needed.
- Provides technical support to all network clients. Ensures that all
employees connected to the network are able to utilize network resources
- Develop, implement and execute network procedures for basic network
maintenance operations like the management of various data stores,
connectivity procedures and backup/restore operations.
- Establish server security standards and levels.
- Monitor overall network performance providing strong response times to
- Troubleshoot and resolve server and network issues. As problem arise,
identify the problem(s) and resolve them with minimal impact to the daily
operations of the company. The problem resolution(s) will necessarily
require detailed knowledge of servers, workstations, operating systems,
network components and hardware troubleshooting.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any engineering related
- At least 3 years experience in designing, evaluating, configuring, and
implementing server and network systems is needed.
- Have extensive knowledge in implementing solutions using Open Source
Technology particularly the flexibility and stability of Linux Operating
System (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS and Red Hat), pfSense, setup nad
implementation of HA Proxy, Apache and other modules likes Reverse proxy.
- Have working knowledge and concept in Repository such as SVN and Git,
Asterisk and Cloud Computing or similar PBX technology.
- Have strong foundation in networking concepts and data communication
and troubleshooting skills in both hardware and software networking issues.
- Willing to work on shift if needed.
- Programming and scripting experience is an advantage.