Re: Python libraries for game development

Author: Andy Sy
To: python
Subject: Re: Python libraries for game development
Andy Sy wrote:

> Rabbyt is a sprite-oriented library which seems
> to provide C-implemented functions for commmon sprite
> operations thus making it practical to do extensive
> sprite-based animation under Python.

From http://joey101.net/game-dev/posts/fast-2d-sprites-in-python/

"Rabbyt's Lots-Of-Sprites example program creates 2400 sprites,
gives them different colors, and animates them rotating, scaling,
and moving around.

With my super extreme wimpy video card I get around 88 frames a
second... try doing that in pure python! No, try getting faster
than that in C! (my card is REALLY old. I'm guessing that a
pure python implementation would go about 3 f/s for me)"