Re: More on Clojure

Author: Andy Sy
Subject: Re: More on Clojure
Giancarlo Angulo wrote:
> * Immutable but because 'new' copies are not full copies they maintain
> the performance guarantees (of the Java versions of the Collection I
> suppose)
>
> if you are familiar with how CouchDB works I believe they have similar
> ways of handling immutable.
>

> see this for couchdb implementation.
>
> http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa/_show/post/CouchDB-Implements-a-Fundamental-Algorithm

I've seen a lot of advocacy for key/value type dbs lately.
While it seems to makes stuff like replication easy, doesn't
this come at an unacceptable expense? I need my SQL or rather,
my relational operators.

I'll bet doing a relational db implementation (Tutorial D. hint,
hint...) in Clojure would be a really cool exercise, considering
the kinds of features that Clojure emphasises (e.g. STM, multi-core,
functional).