Re: [plug] PDA/Phone programming platform

Author: Pablo Manalastas
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group \(PLUG\) Technical Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug] PDA/Phone programming platform
I've seen (and downloaded) Qtopia for the Sharp Zaurus Linux PDA
(my unit is still working).  This Qt/WinCE that you mention here is fairly
new. Thank you for pointing it out to us.

Qt/WinCE for Linux provides an SDK that allows development
of applications for Windows Mobile (PDA and Phone) on a Linux box.
Unfortunately, the free download (open source) is available only in source  :)

ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-embedded-wince-opensource-src-4.4.0.zip

I wish someone build and integrate all the Qt/WinCE open source tools
together (qt-embedded-wince, qt-Eclipse integration, and device emulator).
By the way, I did not see  any open source version of the device emulators.
It is quite difficult to test code without an emulator for the device.  It is
dangerous to install and test your newbie programs on your WinCE pda/phone
and hope the hardware does not get zapped.

Thanks for mentioning Qt/WinCE.

Pablo Manalastas
***