Re: [plug] PDA/Phone programming platform (was: Openmoko Neo…

Author: Vincent Gulinao
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug] PDA/Phone programming platform (was: Openmoko Neo ...)
Things are a bit different now on Symbian's 3rd with their rather elaborate
"platform security" thingy, a real PITA for devs. Took me significant time
to figure just how to test a 9x application on-device (i.e. proper
combination of UID, SID, PID, protected or unprotected, capabilities to
declare, when to use self-sign or DevCert sign or open sign, how long can we
delay getting 200 euros worth of certificate, which you would need anyway in
the end, and not to mention the more $$$ you'll when finally applying fot
Symbian Signed, oh, Express or Certified). :-D

There just too many measures to comply.