Re: [plug] St. Paul's College goes Microsoft

Author: Holden Hao
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug] St. Paul's College goes Microsoft
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Rommel Feria <rpf.list@???> wrote:
> <http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view/20080711-147772/RP-college-replaces-open-source-system-with-Microsoft-OS>
> Folks - why are we still getting press releases like this one? Shouldn't we
> be covering the schools already? I mean, PLUG should help schools to keep
> using FOSS. The reason that it is confusing their students is very lame.
> Whoever has any connections with St. Paul's, can you please let them see the
> light? :)

I am sure FUD was involved here. I recall that in UP Diliman, the
student council first resisted the idea of going open source. Back
then they didn't know what FOSS was all about. I am sure that they
will eventually see the light but I agree that someone should pay them
a visit or dig deeper. Sometimes news reports leave out some details.

I am not necessarily against having MS in their labs but I think it
would be an injustice not to have FOSS there as well.

Anybody at least know how to contact them via email?

Holden