Re: [plug] Openmoko Neo Freerunner available for USD399.00

Author: Orlando Andico
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
New-Topics: [plug] PDA/Phone programming platform (was: Openmoko Neo ...)
Subject: Re: [plug] Openmoko Neo Freerunner available for USD399.00
IIRC Symbian is going open-source.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/smart_phones/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208800628

I have had a look at the OpenMoko phone before and frankly it's
underwhelming. As others have pointed out, the hardware is so 2003.
Besides lots of companies have done Linux phones (Motorola in
particular and also Nokia with the 770) and haven't fared too well.

Before the iPhone came along, I would say that Linux is too large and
clunky for mobile phones. But Apple disproved that.

--
Orlando Andico
+63.2.976.8659 | +63.920.903.0335