[plug] [Linux Seminar - What topics do the public need?]

Author: Maverik
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
Subject: [plug] [Linux Seminar - What topics do the public need?]
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to invite people from IT industry and academe to deliver (but
not limited to) open-source topics. As of the moment, I am looking at
Apache, Postfix, BIND and Linux OS (specifically CentOS and Ubuntu). But I
also want to solicit the org's feedback based on the experiences of the
members. (Unfortunately, we do not develop OS-based applications).

The short-term plan is to do this once or twice very quarter. The seminar,
in some topics, will include hands-on exercises; sharing of experiences with
open-source solutions. The trainers will be company's Linux practitioners.
Also, the number of participants are limited per session due to the
limitation of training rooms. Finally, there's no long-term plan to charge
the attendees.

The whole project is still on definition stage and I have yet to get the
approval of the company to use its resources. But I want to hear the
feedback/suggestions of the org as early as now.

Also, if you are part of the academe and you think your students can benefit
from this, let me know as well.

--
Regards,
Maenard