Re: [plug] linux on the corporate desktop

Author: Daniel Escasa
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug] linux on the corporate desktop
Sabi ni Gideon noong June 23, 2008 2:41 PM:
> Have you tried IBM Lotus Symphony? It is based on OOo code but uses
> Eclipse framework, and is compatible with ODF and MS Office documents.
> And the word processor has outline view. It tuns on Linux, Windows,
> and Mac. http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.jspa

I was considering it until I noted the 1GB RAM minimum requirement. At
that time, my project-assigned notebook had only 512MB so I passed.
Nowadays though, 1GB seems to be standard on notebooks so it may be
worth another look, although OOo does everything I need anyway.