Re: [plug] Re: Microsoft Office for Linux?

Author: Cocoy
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Technical Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug] Re: Microsoft Office for Linux?
well its nice to hope and hell froze once with macs going to intel.
still... one of many key factor why there is slow tide of migration from
windows to linux is that there is no office or good-enough-office compatible
app in linux. oh don't get me wrong. i love openoffice. i use it. if only we
didn't need to share documents to people using Ms Office formats then its
better than good. OO2 is just hell on compatibility with M$ office
documents. and hopefully future apps will have odf plugins or
turned/installed in by default.

On 8/20/06, Charles Yao <admin@???> wrote:

> MS did say Office 2007 will have ODF plugins. They would probably add
> those to this product as well.
>

> thad wrote:
> > if you can't beat them, then join them :) I hope it will be open
> > document format compliant.
> >
> > thad
> >
> > On 8/19/06, Pablo Manalastas <prmanalastas@???> wrote:
> >> Tom Sanders at LinuxWorld in San Francisco, vnunet.com 18 Aug 2006
> >> Microsoft will release a version of Office to run on Linux within the
> >> "next couple of years", according to the chief executive of the Open
> >> Source
> >> Development Lab (OSDL).
> >>
> >> Read the details here:
> >> .
> >> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2162570/microsoft-office-linux
> >>
> >> PMana

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete
and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here." from Collected
Sayings of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan
blog (politics): http://arkangel1a.blogspot.com/
blog (tech): http://penguinstuff.blogspot.com