Request for Participation in a Study on IT Research

Top Page
Author: Open Source Software Developers SIG
To: oss-dev
Subject: Request for Participation in a Study on IT Research
Good day!

I am Irene Corazon Teh, a graduate student from the University of Asia
and the Pacific (UA&P), taking up Master of Science in Information
Technology. I am conducting a study on what is IT research and what
characterizes significant and valuable IT research or projects. The
purpose of my study is to investigate the definition, territories, and
objects of IT research in the Philippines and the characteristics of
significant and valuable contributions to the field of IT research.
This will in turn determine the collective consciousness of IT
researchers in the Philippines and facilitate the establishment of
effective partnerships and collaboration between the government, the
industry, and the academe.

In this regard, I would like to ask if you are involved in any form of
IT Research (e.g. research about emerging technologies, programming
languages, software or hardware products, industry standards, etc)?
If yes, I would like to request your participation in the study. The
study mainly consists of a survey, which is attached with this email.
The survey form is designed to describe your viewpoint and experience
in IT research or projects. To assure the privacy of all involved,
under no circumstances will I reveal the identity of the participants
to the public.

I deeply appreciate your cooperation and support. Without your
cooperation, I would not be able to conduct this research study, which
hopefully will shed light on the collective consciousness of IT
researchers and facilitate the establishment of effective IT research
collaboration in the country. When the study is completed, I will
provide you with a description of the results.

If you have any further questions, you can email me at irene.teh@??? .

Thank you very much for your time!

Sincerely yours,

Irene Teh