Re: [plug-newbies] Re: Network Operating System

Top Page
Author: Anuerin Diaz
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Newbies Discussion List
Subject: Re: [plug-newbies] Re: Network Operating System
On 6/14/05, Dean Michael Berris <mikhailberis@???> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 16:22 +0800, fooler wrote:

another energizer thread, but instead of a bunny we have a penguin. :D

> > me too... and i dont understand why someone is trying to complicate things
> > and dont accept that linux is a clone of unix...
> >

> Because I don't accept anything just because someone else says it. :D It
> defies logic -- a clone is an exact copy of something else. And I refuse
> to accept something that's really not logical.

good for you. but people are now arguing semantics. you are both
arguing two truths that are not exactly equal but have intersecting
and conflicting points.

<snip>

> > it always changes the kernel version number for every kernel release from
> > the first line of its README file but not the statement above...
> >

> So you go ahead and believe that Linux is a Unix clone, and that I am a
> clone of you because we're both stubborn and would refuse to see each
> other's argument. ;)
>
> > fooler.
> >

> Indeed.

dean, that last remark was uncalled for. every person has a right to
post behind a pseudonym but once they have built their
credibility/reputation using that pseudonym then you can treat the
posts as coming from the person behind the name. most of us here is
just a name, which for the very few have not been validated if it is
real or just a pseudonym. in mailing lists (and discussions) like
these, let us concentrate on what is being posted rather than on the
person doing the posting. :)

this thread started as a debate that is degenerating to an argument.
if there is nothing new to add to this thread, would it be too much to
let it drop for a while and let the general population chew on the
arguments you have put forward? they can decide for themselves which
truth they want to adopt, or maybe they would even synthesize it.

have a nice day. we have a long one ahead of us...

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php