Re: [plug-newbies] Re: Network Operating System

Top Page
Author: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Newbies Discussion List
To: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Newbies Discussion List, fooler
Subject: Re: [plug-newbies] Re: Network Operating System
Quoting fooler <fooler@???>:

> [...]

You're not looking hard enough.

Once you imitate something, that's what you're doing -- imitating something.
You're not cloning it. And no, the simplest definition of a clone is not an
imitation.

The simplest definition of a clone is an EXACT COPY OF SOMETHING ELSE. If you
clone something, you make a copy of something. Imitating something
doesn't mean
you're cloning -- so it doesn't follow that whenever I imitate you, I
am cloning
you. Or to use your sentence construction: I is an imitation of you... and
therefore I is a clone of you...

So if kernel hackers suddenly decide and not give much thought about the
Language Game (Introductory Philosophy people, I hope you got a taste of this
in college), then it pays to remember that context yields concepts -- and
setting context is most important in writing documentation or ANYTHING
for that
matter.

Of course unless you still think that a clone is an imitation then the mime at
the corner of the street is a clone of a deaf person trapped in a glass box.