Re:Subject: [plug-newbies] Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS un…

Top Page
Author: Philippine Linux Users' Group (PLUG) Newbies Discussion List
To: ph-linux-newbie
Subject: Re:Subject: [plug-newbies] Kernel panic: not syncing: VFS unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3, 1

Did you check your root file system is mounted on
/dev/hda1 only...
type command "df -k" to view it.
If its not same then change the entry of "root=" in
grub file accordingly.
Also make initrd image.
run Command mkinitrd initrd-2.6.11.img 2.6.11 from
usr/src/linux diectory.
cp initrd-2.6.11.img /boot
Mkae the entry in grub as
title NewKernel
root(hd0, 1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11 ro root=/dev/hda1
initrd /initrd-2.6.11.img

Plz let me know whether it works.

Regards,
Shahnawaz.