[plug-org] Proposed Project: GNU/Linux CD Distribution Proje…

Author: eric pareja
To: PLUG Board
CC: plug-org
Subject: [plug-org] Proposed Project: GNU/Linux CD Distribution Project
This is just an idea I hatched while reading through the current threads on the mailing lists. Maybe PLUG can work on a CD Distribution Project and accept donations that are designated to this particular project.

It will entail working on costing of the production and distribution of the discs as well as setting up infrastructure and sub-organization that will handle this.

Just an idea that maybe we can develop further.

For starters, maybe we can identify which distributions are freely redistributable and reproducible and which appear to be of interest to end-users.
--
___ Eric Pareja (xenos AT upm.edu.ph) | Information Management Service [IMS]
\e/ Network and Systems Administrator | University of the Philippines Manila