Re: [plug-org] Re: [plug] re waitlisted registrants

Author: Paolo Alexis Falcone
Subject: Re: [plug-org] Re: [plug] re waitlisted registrants
On 4/22/05, Anuerin Diaz <ramfree17@???> wrote:
> On 4/21/05, Paolo Alexis Falcone <pfalcone@???> wrote:
> > On 4/21/05, Glenn G Remot <gremot@???> wrote:
> > > Sirs:
> > >
> > > what are the chances for us who are waitlisted of being able to join the
> > > seminar.
> >
> > Well, the waitlist generally applies for the number of seats that can
> > be reserved - currently the APC AVR can hold 200 seats. However - do
> > note that not all 200 people that registered come all at once - and
> > there are those who also leave during the duration of the talks.
> > There's always a possibility that you'd be able to get a seat.
> >

> hi paolo,
>
> can you clarify what "not all 200 people that registered come all at
> once" means? my assumption is that this has something to do with a
> cut-off time but I am not sure what it is because there is no
> timetable in the seminar page[1] except that the seminar is going to
> run from 9AM to 5PM.

I'm assuming normal human behavior that:
[1] people don't come there all at once.
[2] people don't leave there all at once
[3] not all people would stay from start to finish
[4] some people would arrive before, at the middle, or after a talk
[5] some people would leave before, at the middle, or after a talk
[6] some people would arrive before lunch
[7] some people would arrive after lunch
[8] not all who registered would come (maybe recalled to the office?)
[9] there would be people who would come despite not being registered
[10] some people would go there even though they don't have seats

--
Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@???