Re: [plug-org] enhance the text of the digest mailer?

Author: neuroticimbecile
To: plug-org
Subject: Re: [plug-org] enhance the text of the digest mailer?
Ooops, top-posting. =)

The mailing list admins currently do the following when people do stupid
things on the mailing lists (e.g. posting a private message like "kamusta na
pare? kilala mo pa ako?" to the list, or replying with a totally unrelated
post to an ongoing thread, or sending totally OT posts, or picking a fight
on-list, etc.):

1. for the 1st offense, we send a private warning to the offender

2. for heavy offenders, e.g. those who are explicitly intimidating others into
a flamewar, without technical merit in their discussions, we temporarily
disable their subscription (sometimes we don't inform them =)

3. most of the time, we just let it pass, specially when concerned netizens
step in and politely point out their mistake

We (the list admins) are still waiting for Marvin's henchmen who are out
(re)formulating formal rules for each mailing list. Once those rules are up,
we can start enforcing them.

peace!
-eric