Re: [plug-org] Commercial messages (was Re: Red Hat Enterpri…

Author: The Philippine Linux Users' Group Mailing List for Org Matters
Subject: Re: [plug-org] Commercial messages (was Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Launch)
On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 16:50 +0800, Miguel A Paraz wrote:

> As for the message addressed to PLUG: it's not defined because we
> don't have a policy on commercial messages (besides jobs). Such a
> policy could also address the issue on the other "spam" message which
> was marketing a service.

We can turn the commercial messages as a possible revenue source similar
to what Debian does when dealing with commercial messages - if someone
would want to legally advertise commercial materials I guess it's fair
for them to pay some sort of advertisement fee to use the mailing lists
as their avenue. Then again - the mailing list administrator would be
the final arbiter for that issue (as PLUG itself can't do anything about
it).

--
Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@???