[plug-org] Commercial messages (was Re: Red Hat Enterprise L…

Author: Miguel A Paraz
Subject: [plug-org] Commercial messages (was Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Launch)
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:39:43 +0800, Anuerin Diaz <ramfree17@???> wrote:
> afaicr the message was on-topic (although migz classified it as spam
> and i dont know the organization to comment on that one). your
> interpretation of his statement is logical, but i think joseph was
> asking to cc the post to the pusit website. i might have missed the
> announcement but i have not seen a message from PLUG that recommends
> the pusit site as (one of ) the official message dissemination
> channel.

I got a private bcc: on the RHEL launch, and I considered that spam. I
replied to it and it was a mistake. (turns out I know the person
behind the marketing agency)

As for the message addressed to PLUG: it's not defined because we
don't have a policy on commercial messages (besides jobs). Such a
policy could also address the issue on the other "spam" message which
was marketing a service.