[plug-org] Re: Meeting sponsorship

Author: The Philippine Linux Users' Group Mailing List for Org Matters
To: plug-org
CC: marketing
New-Topics: [plug-misc] sablay na naman...
Subject: [plug-org] Re: Meeting sponsorship
"Nick Ballesteros" <watson@???> writes:

> Good morning! I was just wondering if the group holds regular
> meetings wherein you allow IT companies to sponsor the event? Just
> exploring the idea of having our organization sponsor a meeting in

I've posted about reaching out to the regions, and people have
expressed interested in Baguio and Davao. I know some people in Cebu
as well. I'm probably going to be the most mobile speaker, as everyone
else will be in school or working. <impish grin>

I'm planning a day of technical seminars on 2005.02.26, if people can
stand listening to me for an entire afternoon. ;) It'll be an extended
brain-dump of things I'd like to present before they become too fuzzy
in my head, and I'll try to make things as understandable as possible.
This will be followed by a get-together at a nearby cafe, I guess.
Paging Paolo Falcone: APC, afternoon of the 26th?

trends.com.ph is Manila-based, but if they can contribute to my
travel-to-Cebu/Davao fund, they'll make it easier for us to share the
good news with people outside Metro Manila. I'd be glad to let them
plug their company at the info dump on 2005.02.26, and the
get-together afterwards will also be a good networking opportunity.

According to Cebu Pacific:

Manila - Cebu: P 2,899
Cebu - Davao: P 2,589
Davao - Manila: P 3,667

Hmm. If I stop eating lunch while I'm in Japan (one more month!), I
think I can save enough money to cover the trip on my own, but of
course assistance would be very much appreciated. <laugh>

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@???> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed