[plug-org] unsolicited advice

Author: The Philippine Linux Users' Group Mailing List for Org Matters
Subject: [plug-org] unsolicited advice
this might be an unsolicited advice on the discussion of PLUG's CBL

"One myth that I find interesting, but which has nothing to do with
Linux or even the IT sector in particular, is the myth of how a single
person or even a single company makes a huge difference in the market.
It's the belief that things happen because somebody was visionary and
"planned" it that way. Sometimes the people themselves seem to believe
it, and then the myth becomes hubris.

I have to continually try to explain to people that no, I don't
"control" what happens in Linux. It's about having an environment that
is conducive to development, not so much about any particular leader.
And I think that is true in most cases, be it the "great sport coach" or
the "great spiritual leader." "

- -- linus torvalds
http://news.com.com/Torvalds+A+Solaris+skeptic/2008-1082_3-5498799.html
- --
Ricardo Bahague Jr
http://lolojr.blogspot.com
Every valuable human being must be a radical and a
rebel, for what he must aim at is to make things better
than they are ...

~                   Neils Bohr, qouted in Nielson, pg. 27