Re: [xtradius] Accounting for Proxy requests

Top Page
Author: Bulgaria Online - Assen Totin
To: Mark Constable
CC: xtradius
Subject: Re: [xtradius] Accounting for Proxy requests
Hi all,

MC> Can anyone suggest a way to log proxy requests, on the
MC> machine doing the proxying, other than tailing and piping
MC> the detail file thru a script ?

I have a RADIUS that works as a proxy. Here is part of the users file
which allows my own system to keep track of all proxied requests
(session start & stop times, usernames, traffic etc.)

--- begin users file ---

DEFAULT Acct-Status-Type = "Alive"
# Here we call the script that logs the beginning of the session.
# (actually it does an SQL "INSERT" query)
# We prefer Alive instead Start packets, because the Alive packet
# contains the NAS-assigned (or proxied-RADIUS-assigned)
# Framed-IP-Address.
# On the other hand, the Alive packet usually follows the Start
# with a delay of only couple of seconds, which is OK with me.
        Exec-Program-Account = "/path/to/the/script/script_start.pl %u %n %p %y %g %b %f"

DEFAULT Acct-Status-Type = "Stop"
# Here we call the script that logs the end of the session
# (actually it does an SQL "UPDATE" query upon Session-Id)
        Exec-Program-Account = "/path/to/the/script/script_stop.pl %u %n %p %i %o %z %e %b"

DEFAULT Realm = "the_realm_that_we proxy_for"

DEFAULT Auth-Type = "External"
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP,
# Here we call the Authentication script
        Exec-Program-Wait = "/path/to/the/script_login.pl %u %n %p %y %g",
        Fall-Through = Yes

--- end users file ---

WWell,

Assen Totin