Re: Friendster switches to PHP

Top Page
Author: Andy Sy
To: PHP Web Development
Subject: Re: Friendster switches to PHP
The question is actually if PHP is as scalable as Java.

AFAIK, PHP does not support multithreading so it will
not be able to take advantage of SMP servers. However,
you should still be able to scale to multiple servers.

Also, on an apples-to-apples comparison on a single CPU
server, evidence strongly suggests that PHP is the speed
king among ASP, JSP, Coldfusion, etc... (I won't even
bother to include ASP.NET which is even slower than ASP).

--
reply-to: a n d y @ n e t f x p h . c o m