Re: Inquiry on Drivers

Top Page
Author: Bayanihan GNU/Linux Maintenance and Development Mailing List
Subject: Re: Inquiry on Drivers
On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 09:59, joe saint wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Two years ago, I recommended to my client to implement
> all Linux system since we were upgrading the software
> to web opensource. We started with BSD on server and
> RH and mandrake on wkstns. When we did the reports we
> had problems since we had a lot of deployed epson dot
> matrix and POS printers and we can't find a driver.
> Recently, we had another client who wants all linux
> setup again same problem.
>
> Maybe this concern has been addressed here, any ideas?
> Does BL have soln? Thanks

Please do check if the latest BL (version 3) has the IBM Omni printer
drivers installed, as it has explicit support for many a dot matrix
printer (like say the Epson FX1170). If it doesn't have one, just post
it here. I'd be willing to make an RPM of it when I get to have some
spare resources.

--

Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@???