Re: Linux desktop viability myths exploded

Top Page
Author: Bayanihan GNU/Linux Maintenance and Development Mailing List
To: Bayanihan Dev
Subject: Re: Linux desktop viability myths exploded
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:35:16 +0800, Mike P <mike_p@???> wrote:

> I think the article states otherwise ;-)
>

> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 04:07:28 -0700 (PDT), Edgar Sanz <eksanz@???> wrote:

> And no pc supplier in the Philippines would bother with linux since there is no market for it!

I would like to disagree.

Micro something.. (forgot the actual name) in SM City Manila sells PCs with Lindows OS
There are sightings of PC retailers around Metro Manila selling PCs preloaded with Bayanihan Linux (as some members of this list had earlier reported)
PLDT Vibe sold thousands of PCs preloaded with Bayanihan Linux v2 and more PC retailers are evaluating Bayanihan Linux.

--
Mike P

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary.

Impossible is nothing." -- unknown