Re: OS abstractions / plumbing suffer from C-centric thinkin…

Author: dido
Subject: Re: OS abstractions / plumbing suffer from C-centric thinking
On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 01:36:07PM +0800, Andy Sy wrote:
> Does Migs mean to say you have a hardware design prototype that does
> combinator logic(!) or is he actually referring to Koopman's TIGRE when
> he said 'custom hardware'?

I didn't invent any custom hardware, although I imagine making a
combinator reduction engine in hardware would be a tad more difficult
than building a custom CPU.

> TIGRE isn't even custom hardware as far as I can tell...

But Phil Koopman has a few papers there on some experiments in making a
combinator reduction engine in hardware, I think.

--
dido
Sans les mathematiques on ne penetre point au fond de la philosophie. Sans la