Re: spyce vs mod_python

Author: Andy Sy
To: A Philippine Pythonista Hangout
Subject: Re: spyce vs mod_python
The best scenario would be if Rimon Barr and the mod_python
PSP developer got together and made Spyce (or something very close to it)
THE standard HTML embedded Python language that comes with mod_python.

Don't underestimate integration as a means of improving a
technology's popularity. This is one of MS' most potent
weapon. It's a hassle to have to keep on installing many
different components. If mod_python eventually comes with Apache
by default (like I think PHP may be)... then it has the potential
to boost Python's popularity as a server side technology
immensely, even moreso, when coupled with a built-in HTML-embedded
server pages version.

Which reminds me, is there an ISAPI version of Spyce/mod_python?
or if not, how do you use Python with IIS ISAPI?

Freedom of choice is what you've got. But freedom from choice
saves you time (if that single alternative is the best, that is
;-).