Re: PalmOS-based Product Catalog with Photos

Top Page
Author: Open Source Software Developers SIG
To: Open Source Software Developers SIG
Subject: Re: PalmOS-based Product Catalog with Photos
> One aspect of this that I'm currently wanting to read up on, though, is
> that the product database should have photos (one photograph per
> product). I don't know how to work out the storage if this on the Palm
> database. I'm planning to develop this application (currently in the
> design/proposal stage) for the Palm Tungsten E since that comes with
> 32MB of memory and a 320x320 colored monitor.

PDB records are really just blobs, no default structure at all. You may
store the photos, and other metadata in the PDB, e.g. one PDB record per
image.

> Would anyone have recommended reading material or sample code for
> database synchronization with the Palm in GNU/Linux as well as handling
> photographs on the Palm, with a JPilot plugin handling the
> synchronization?

I'm not familiar with the JPilot plugin, but I've designed and developed
conduits for Palm SyncManager using JSync. AAMOF, I have an application
I'm currently finishing that's close to what you're trying to do :) The
handheld app runs on top of SuperWaba, the conduit on top of JSync, and
the web application on top of a J2EE server.

stay cool.

jeff --
---
--
Jeff Gutierrez (jeff at gutierrez dot ph)
Pinoy ako! May reklamo?

Mapua Online! - The Hub Of Mapuans On The Web
http://www.mapua.org http://www.mapua.com http://www.mapua.net