minutes of the meeting

Top Page
Author: Bayanihan GNU/Linux Maintenance and Development Mailing List
To: bayanihan
Subject: minutes of the meeting
Hello. Sorry for the delay of informing you guys about what happen in
the Developers' Meeting last Saturday. I was busy preparing for a
seminar.

Anyway, below is the summary of what we have discuss during the meeting.
Special thanks to Mike Poblete for coordinating with us making the
meeting possible. He suggested the place in Serg's Cafe. They have this
great hot chocolate drink and the PC's are installed with LINDOWS
system.

Our thanks also extend to Dr. Ernesto Damasco who also attended the
meeting and gave us some inputs and ideas regarding the next step of
Bayanihan.

We would also like to thank Mr. Melvin Vivas of PHIL-JUG for coming and
for the great interest in contributing some Java apps in Bayanihan. We
will be looking forward to more exchange of communications.

For the people who wished to come but couldn't didn't and wouldn't...
^_^ We thank you still for your interest in Bayanihan Linux.

November 15, 2003
Serg's Cafe, Shangrila Plaza, EDSA

Comments about the BL3 BETA
==========================
-matagal ang start-up and installation
-desktop fonts should be customizable on first start-up

Suggestions for BL3 Full:
=========================
- QT based installer
- Manual - there should be a section for contributors/volunteer
- Remove other languages -- ENGLISH lang
- Default time zone. ASIA/MANILA
- Compile Documentation of BL into a Book-> parang a HOW-TO book

 ***for images***
     - Try to tap ANITO of anino Entertainment
     - Research more on the different DISTO for creativity
         SUSE
         DEBIAN
         Knoppix 3.3
     - tap Philippine history for BL images and desktop theme
     - CHANGE The box design to a better more graphical one

 Localization
     - 50% not sure to be incorporated with BL
     - how about Taglish muna
     - how about the installer/anaconda is localized muna

 Comments/Suggestions for WEBSITE
 ================================
 -there should be a common Header sa Websites
     -pandayan
     -official
     -forum
 Reward points in WEBSITE for contributors
     -mouse pad
     -stickers
     -T-shirts
     -tux stuff toys
     -keychain

 SUGGESTIONS FOR BL roadmap
 ===========================
 1. Bayanihan Demo CD like knoppix
 2. Free hands-on BL
     -walk-in
 3. Kiosk
     - pre package in Hardware
     - LTSB
 4 BL Server
     -a different branch
 5. Survey HW popularity
     -mouse
     -modem
 6. Enhance HW detection
     -DVD
 7. Have a supplementary CD
     - school
     - offices
     - library
     - developers
 8. Modular BL, parang MORPHIX
 9. -create a Bayanihan Office
 10. Synaptics version for BL --> contributions from PHIL-JUG for updates
 and wizard
 11. Meta package for BL
     -apt-get in the server for downloadables
12. check for opensource apps on
     -DEFRAG
     -SCANDISK

 FOR SEMINARS/TRAINING/EXPOSURE of BL
 --
 * Net25, Digital Tour, Knowledge TV press campaign
 * LINUX FEST

 Linux Users group are scattered --We should coordinate them together
     -PLUG
     -Cebu GNU LUG
     -Davao GNU LUG
     -MITC Lug and Mapua LUG (integrated sila dapat)

 SUGGESTIONS FOR ASTIDAYS
 ========================
 - ASTI days will be a BL day
 - video conference with different local Linux Users Group with the help
 of DOST
 - give others a voice to contribute
 - bring up the identity of Bayanihan
 - DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE in asti days
     ->webcast
     ->lan  party or install feast
     ->hack fest
     ->food fest
     ->seminars

 SUGGESTIONS FOR THE NEXT DEV MEETING
 ====================================
 Announce give-aways of BL for the next DevMeeting
     -Lan Party
 Meeting Agenda
     - exchange CD
     - invite other leaders of Linux GROUP
     - demo of BL
     - developers toolkit in BL

OTHERS
======
* Paolo Falcon's company will test WINE daw
* Ricky of ASTI are volunteers for BL
* May problem ba tyo sa Foundation? -consultant?
* follow-up PayPlus+
* test Free Office -> Java based
* Have contact with SUNS MICROSYSTEMS, IBM, and ORACLE
* J2EE
* Get Developers CD of SUN Microsystems
* Sacha, paolo and mike_p are model developers for BL