[plug] Searchable Mailing List Archives Operational

Author: Federico Sevilla III
CC: UP Manila OS Fellowship Mailing List
Subject: [plug] Searchable Mailing List Archives Operational
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that our searchable mailing list archives[1] are
operational again. I had previously attributed the SIGSEGV errors to an
interoperability problem with XFS but was wrong. It turns out this was
caused by missing error-handling in Lurker[2] that prevented it from
handling a certain type of message.

[1] http://marc.free.net.ph
[2] http://lurker.sourceforge.net

Wesley checked a fix into CVS, which I used to build a CVS snapshot
Debian package of Lurker that now works. The combination of database
code improvement in CVS and XFS has proven to be really good. A rough
"humanistic" estimate puts the database rebuild at taking up only half
the time it took Lurker 0.1f on ext3.

Our archives now provide information from the following mailing lists:

    A. lists.free.net.ph

        1. Bayanihan GNU/Linux Maintenance and Development
           bayanihan@???

        2. "True" Computer Science
           compsci@???

        3. Filipino Linux Documentation Project
           fil-linux-doc@???

        4. Isko't Iska Linux Users' Group
           ilug@???

        5. Open Source Software Developers SIG
           oss-dev@???

        6. Open Source Software Game Developers SIG
            oss-gamedev@???

        7. PHP Web Development SIG
           php@???

        8. Philippine Pythonista Hangout
           python@???

        9. Philippine UNIX Administrators' and Developers' Hangout
           unix-geeks@???

    B. lists.q-linux.com

        1. Philippine Internet Service Providers
           ph-isp@???

        2. Philippine Networkers
           ph-networkers@???

        3. Perl SIG
           ph-perl@???

        4. Linux for Colleges, Universities, Teachers and Students
           ph-licuts@???

        5. Philippine Linux Certification Program
           ph-linux-cert@???

        6. Philippine Linux Newbie Support Group
           ph-linux-newbie@???

        7. Philippine Linux Users' Group
           plug@???

        8. PLUG Organization
           plug-org@???

        9. PLUG Anything-Goes
           plug-misc@???

        10. Quick-R Open Source Prepaid Internet Management System
            quick-r@???

        11. XtRadius Mailing List
            xtradius@???

    C. mail.freesoftware.fsf.org

        1. Gnokii Users
           gnokii-users@???

    D. vger.kernel.org

        1. Linux Kernel Mailing List
           linux-kernel@???

    E. lists.horde.org

        1. Horde Announcement List
           announce@???

        2. Horde Mailing List
           horde@???

        3. Horde IMP Mailing List
           imp@???

        4. Horde Kronolith Mailing List
           kronolith@???

        5. Horde Mnemo Mailing List
           mnemo@???

        6. Horde Nag Mailing List
           nag@???

        7. Horde Turba Mailing List
           turba@???

    F. redhat.com

        1. ext3 Users Mailing List
           ext3-users@???

    G. zope.org

        1. Z Object Publishing Environment Mailing List
           zope@???

        2. Zope Web Application Server Announcements
           zope-announce@???

        3. Zope Source Code Checkin Notifications
           zope-checkins@???

        4. Zope3 Source Code Checkin Notifications
           zope3-checkins@???

        5. Zope Coders Mailing List
           zope-coders@???

        6. Zope RDBMS Discussion Mailing List
           zope-db@???

        7. Zope Development Mailing List
           zope-dev@???

        8. Zope3 Development Mailing List
           zope3-dev@???

        9. Zope Presentation Templates Mailing List
           zpt@???

        10. Zope Documentation Project Mailing List
            zdp@???

        11. Zope Distributors Mailing List
            zope-packagers@???

    H. mail.python.org

        1. International Python Mailing List
           python-list@???

    I. twistedmatrix.com

        1. Twisted Python Mailing List
           twisted-python@???

    J. yahoogroups.com

        1. Philippine GNU/Linux Jobs Mailing List
           linuxjobs-ph@???

    K. fortytwo.ch

        1. Public NTP Network Project Mailing List
           timekeepers@???

        2. Public NTP Network Project Announcement List
           timekeepers-announce@???

    L. oss.sgi.com
        1. Linux-XFS Mailing List
           linux-xfs@???

--> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  : http://jijo.free.net.ph      : When we speak of free
Network Administrator : The Leather Collection, Inc. : software we refer to