Re: [ph-perl] GP/Pari

Top Page
Author: Sherwin Daganato
To: ph-perl
Subject: Re: [ph-perl] GP/Pari
On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 09:06:18PM -0800, Jia wrote:
> Could you email GP/Pari build directory to me? I couldn't find it from
> internet.

Jia,

Download GP/Pari from this site[1] and build it. After the build, you'll
get your build directory. :-)

Since this is a perl mailing list, I assume that you are trying to
install Math::Pari. With the help of Net::FTP, Math::Pari can download
and build GP/Pari for you. Actually, it will download pari source in
active ftp mode. If you're behind a firewall you may want to download in
passive ftp mode. You can do this by setting the environment variable
"FTP_PASSIVE" to a non-zero value (e.g. "export FTP_PASSIVE=1" in bash).
See the documentation of Net::FTP for more information.

[1] http://www.parigp-home.de/

I hope this information helps.

--
$_=q:; # SHERWIN #