[ph-perl] perl connect string to remote oracle database

Top Page
Author: sonny e. supilanas
To: ph-perl
Subject: [ph-perl] perl connect string to remote oracle database
hi, our webserver resides on linux mandrake but we need to query from a
remote oracle dbase running on NT and we're using perl for our cgi apps.
We also have mysql dbase on same webserver and our perl connect string
were fine. We do have some documentation on perl-oracle connect string
but one proble is i can't install the DBD::Oracle module, it abort
during compilation cause it looks for 'oracle_home' environment so how
can i set this environment since the oracle dbase is on a remote server?