[ph-licuts] New subproject: DebianEdu

Top Page
Author: Federico Sevilla III
To: ph-licuts
Subject: [ph-licuts] New subproject: DebianEdu
Hi everyone,

I got this on the Debian devel-announce mailing list and thought that
maybe the people on this list would be interested in this Debian
subproject.

:)

--> Jijo

----- Forwarded message from Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@???> -----
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:52:57 +0200
From: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@???>
To: debian-devel-announce@???
Subject: New subproject: DebianEdu

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

Hello,

I'm proud to announce the birth of the DebianEdu subproject. This
subproject aims to make Debian the best distribution available for
educational use. I hope that being an official Debian subproject
will let us federate many initiatives around education like
the french Debian Education distribution[1] (in which I was involved).
I know at least of SkoleLinux[2] in Norway. But I'm sure there are other
less known efforts underway, I invite them to join.

HOW TO JOIN

list. You can do so by sending a mail with "confirm" in the subject to=20
debian-edu-request@???. Or you can use the web form
available here :

HOW TO HELP

Many things can be done and needs to be done :
- integrate in Debian some external Debian packages for education
(we created some of these for the french Debian Education)
- package non-packaged education related software
- improve the existing software (adding i18n, adding more translations)
- write good documentation
- cooperate with the debian-installer effort to make sure we can have
a good installer for people with limited computer skills
- cooperate with other education-related projects (like Seul, Ofset,
KdeEdu, ...)

WEBSITE

It's not yet integrated in the official www.debian.org website
but it should (and will) be (volunteers can contact me :-)) :
http://wiki.debian.net/DebianEdu

Please relay that announce wherever you think it's worthwhile.

Thanks,

[1] http://logiciels-libres-cndp.ac-versailles.fr/ (french only)
[2] http://developer.skolelinux.no/projectinfo.html.en
--=20
Rapha=EBl Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q--

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Federico Sevilla III   :  http://jijo.free.net.ph
Network Administrator  :  The Leather Collection, Inc.